Tips to Win at Poker
Listed below are guidelines only and although they are supposed to assist you win more often we cannot provide any guarantee. These guidelines are mainly for pot-limit draw poker (when the maximum raise is the amount of money in the pot):
1. You generally need two pairs, that will need to be stronger the earlier the pot is started to raise.
2. You need at least two Aces to start the bidding unless there are just one or two players to bet after you. If there's just one player to bet after you we propose at least two championships and if you are the lastto bet you can get away with two queens.
3. If you wish to re-raise you really need triplets, probably about three sixes against the average player.
4. If the pot is opened in the last two places you can call with two Kings. If the pot is opened at any other place we recommend you have at least a pair of Aces.
5. Don't call on a straight of different suits. Such as 9 of Clubs, 8 of Spades, 7 of Hearts, 6 of Clubs and 5 of Diamonds or any similar straight.
6. Most often players are not bluffing, in case you have no reason to suspect from the way that they are playing that they have a bad hand youd do well to feel that they do have a great hand. However from time to time you need to call their bluff or else they will bluff more and more. You should also make sure that you bluff occasionally or other players won't ever call you once you have winning hands.
7. Even once you have had a run of bad luck we strongly recommend that you don't play on a low pair, this is a frequent mistake with players that are losing and getting desperate do not fall into this trap.
We also recommend you read as much about the games tatics and strategies as you can but remember there's not any substitute for practise. You can play for free so practise for free at any of the casinos reviewed on this website